招待外國賓客

2004-09-11 12:58 pm
發表者:原MSN社群發表文章 RE: 招待外國賓客 (Meihuei99)

Hi Keylime,

My parents in lawa are Americans so I tried a lot of chinese food. My mother in law likes "oil rice". My father in law likes "drunk chicken".

You can put sweet rice, mushroom, chicken breast, soy sauce and a little bit rice wine into rice cook.

You can use chicken breast (water boiled) and put it in drunk sauce ( you can get the sauce in chinese market, such as 99 ranch market in usa) for one night.

In fact, they love American food such as Italian noodles. You can go to "http://www.americastestkitchen.com/default.shtml" They love the food I made from the web site.

Good luck

2002-07-09 13:03 pm
發表者:原MSN社群發表文章 RE: 招待外國賓客 (keylime)

I finally made it this time. I fixed 台式米粉, pickled cucumber, broiled shrimps, and chicken pot stickers. They all liked it. I used fresh shitake instead of dried ones as Tina / Ann (?) suggested. I cooked stir-fried rice twice before I invited them over, but I guess a powerful stove is the key to make good stir-fried rice. So I gave up this baby. 

Keylime

2002-04-28 02:20 am
發表者:原MSN社群發表文章 RE: 招待外國賓客 (Fin-Lee)

Hi Keylime,
I usually cut cat fish fillets on the shorter side, about 2-3 cm each pieces.  Or you can cut them in big cubes, that will work too.  Before I have my kids, I even used the whole fillet.  My husband and I had one big piece on each's plate.  Serve some rice and vegetables together with fish on a big plate, feels like eating at a resturaunt.

You can also use salmone (spell?).  Don't cook them too long.  I usually pan fry them till inside the fish still showing a bit raw.  I won't recommend flounder, it tastes good but hard to cook (too fragile).

Fin

2002-04-28 01:00 am
發表者:原MSN社群發表文章 RE: 招待外國賓客 (Beatrice)

Windows ME只能看中文但是不能輸入中文,Windows2000才有輸入中文的功能。

Beatrice

2002-04-27 15:42 pm

Hi finlee,

How do you cut the cat fish? Just cut it into half or smaller pieces? Except to catfish,  what fishes would you recommend? I seldom eat catfish in Taiwan. But it has become one of my favorite fish since I had it at Cracker Barrel.  

Keylime

2002-04-27 15:15 pm

My system is Windows Me. I cannot find Chinese Big-5 on the regional setting panel. It only lists English, Franch, and some European languages. I guess I need to install Chinese system to type Chinese words. It's okay, I'll ask the person who set up my computer. Thank you.

Keylime 

2002-04-27 03:20 am
發表者:原MSN社群發表文章 RE: 招待外國賓客 (Fin-Lee)

Dear Keylime,
Back to the dishes for your bf's family.  I have a father-in-law from NC, in the mountain.  Everytime we go out to dinner together, he wounld annouce that he doesn't like fish.  However, everytime when he visit us, I would cook fish for him.  He finishes his plate every single time.
I usually cook cat fish.  I think it should be easy to find even in Arizona.  I cut them in small pieces, marinated with soy sauce, corn starch, seaseme oil, ginger, and garlic.  Heat couple spoonfuls of oil (for old people, use peanut or oliver oil) in the pan ( I don't use wok either, use any non-stic pan you like), pan-fry the fish.  Turn over the pieces when they are golden brown.  When the fish is done, set aside.  I usually don't wash the pan and use it for stir fry vegetables (maybe add a little bit of oil).  Use any vegetables you like-- brocclli, carrots, celery, green pepper....  Prepare a bowl of sauce now, --soy, corn starch, water, vineger (optional),  pour it over the vegetables when they are done.  You can return the fish back to pan cook a bit or just pour the vegetables over the fish.  Make sure it comes out with some sauce, Americans love sauce.
With this dish, you can cook some rice.  Just to buy the fast cooked rice from the store shelf, such as Uncle Ban.  They like the taste of dry rice.  Sometimes I cook boxed couscous, it has seasoning and everything.
For typing Chinese part, I downloaded something before.  If you still don't figure it out from other people's advices.  Let me know, I will try to give you the information.

Fin

2002-04-26 17:07 pm
發表者:原MSN社群發表文章 RE: 招待外國賓客 (jfchu)

有一次我炒了一鍋台式米粉  就是絞肉  洋蔥  高麗菜 配一點胡蘿蔔絲 我們辦公室的 阿都啊  都很喜歡  用紅蔥頭爆香  美國的中國紅蔥頭不香  用shallot

2002-04-26 16:53 pm
發表者:原MSN社群發表文章 RE: 招待外國賓客 (jfchu)

if you have window 2000
go to control panel choose regional option then you may set up chinese input methods.

2002-04-26 16:11 pm

It was so nice of you to provide me different recipes.
 I'll try these recipes. I guess wok works better for stir-fry. I cannot use wok 'cause the top of my stove is flat.
Another question. How do you type Chinese? Do I have to install Chinese version Windows. I download Chinese typing software, but it doesn't work.

Keylime

公告欄
【講座】11/6~11/27 台中 中央書局「週三讀書會:閱讀,飲食的風土」。早鳥票正式開賣!

已成年年閱讀圈盛事的中央書局「週三讀書會」今年來到第五屆,這回榮幸應邀加入其中,將自11/06起一連四週、每週三晚間,以現場與線上直播方式同步登場。題目呼應本屆主題「建構,迎向地方永續的無限可能」,以「閱讀,飲食的風土」為題開講……

《葉怡蘭的生活美學課》

此部線上課程是我於創作之路上的嶄新嘗試,也是多年來在飲食裡生活裡長年涉獵體驗修習的最終集大成;更大有別於此刻市場主流的語言、商業、廚藝教學等明確實用性質,以生活美學為綱,並橫跨食、飲、居家等多重領域……